- Content should be related to regional topics, and, should be presented in an accessible and suitable manner for a diverse audience, including children. Remember that general professional and personal rules of etiquette hold true online as they do in person.
- Rss feeds and social media feeds are not permitted.
- Submissions must be made by registered users, however, it is very easy to register. If you have not registered you may register here. There are no fees for Registration or for Submissions.
- Text Submissions should be uploaded as either doc or pdf files, & text must be formatted as follows: Full-length essays and articles typically run about 10-15 manuscript pages (2,500-4,000 words), and shorter works run 5-10 pages (1,500-2,500 words). In preparing your manuscript, standard format is double space, using 12-point Times New Roman font and 1.25-inch margins (left/right).
- For works of academic scholarship, citations should be numbered sequentially and placed at the end of the article as endnotes; please consult the Chicago Manual of Style for formatting questions.
- Videos and Audio files must be embedded. Directions are here.
- Up to 3 photos may be uploaded. Photos should have a maximum width of 1500 pixels. Here are easy guidelines how to prepare your images.
Please follow the guidelines and post responsibly and be patient as we improve this service.
PLEASE NOTE: The AHA reserves the right to monitor and edit submissions for appropriate content. Authors transfer copyright of accepted work published in the Attakapas Gazette to The Attakapas Historical Association. The AHA is, however, pleased to grant authors permission to reprint their submissions.